Eredmény: 1 - 1 (1) összesen

Téma: Malaysia: Finas Taking Action Against Individuals Who Leaked Controversial Movie

Legenda

User Info Menu

Malaysia: Finas Taking Action Against Individuals Who Leaked Controversial Movie

More than 10 years ago, a movie called ‘Dukun’ inspired by the “infamous” Mona Fandey was made. But due to the sensitive subject of the movie and considering the sensitivities surrounding the relatives of those who were involved in the case, the movie was not approved by the Film Censorship Board of Malaysia.

Nevertheless, since a few days ago, the 2007 film which stars Datin Umie Aida inexplicably made its way to the audiences after it was leaked by irresponsible quarters and has been shared multiple times on Facebook, surprising the people involved in the movie themselves.

According to Harian Metro, the director of the film, Dain Said, has stated that he does not know anything regarding the leak of the movie.

"I don't know what happened. I just got home from Terengganu and I did not have internet connection while I was there.

"What I can say is, this is an old film and I have moved on with other projects after it. Furthermore, it's not my film, so questions should be directed to the producer,” he said.

Meanwhile, the National Film Development Corporation (FINAS), has stated that they are looking at the leak as a serious offense, and are awaiting for a report from the producers on the leak.

National Film Development Corporation (Finas) Director General Datuk Fauzi Ayob said they have taken important measures alongside the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Consumerism (KPDNKK), the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (SKMM) and Malaysia Film Producers Association (PFM) to fight against digital piracy.

“However, we need further information since it violates copyright and intellectual property. Finas hopes that users are aware that sharing and uploading pirated materials on the internet is against the law,” he said as quoted by Harian Metro.

2. # ADS
    Tárhely szolgáltató
    Dinosaur

Címkék ehhez a témához